About Ocean County Hunger Relief...
A nonprofit, faith based organization consisting
network of 28 food pantries strategically
throughout Ocean County since 1981. People who
are in desperate need of emergency
are greeted with compassion by our over 300
volunteers and supplied with
emergency food packages.
Who do we help?
How many people do we help?
- Low Income
- Single Parents
- Seniors on Set Incomes
How do we do it?
- 2010 provided 75,069 people with 901,356 meals
- 404,168 people served in the past decade.
- Delivers 1,000 Microwaveable Thanksgiving dinners to homeless & poor put in motels
with no cooking facilities.
How is Hunger Relief financed?
- Receive food requests from social service agencies.
- Computerized database to enter client’s information and track feeding.
- Place food request at food pantry closest to client in need by where they live or work.
- Purchase food and distribute FREE to food pantries and clients.
- Conduct food drives to capture in-kind donations.
- Develop and provide outreach material for clients who need other emergency services.
- Advocate Hunger Awareness.
- Maintain demographical statistics of feeding.
- Produce statistical reports for the County.
- Conduct pantry coordination meetings.
- Ocean County Hunger Relief is a private; faith based nonprofit organization supported mainly through donations from individual people, businesses, and
organizations in the community who care about the poor, needy, and homeless.
County Hunger Relief is not a government agency.
What makes us a Success?
Any further questions, please contact us at: email@example.com
- Network of 28 Food Pantries
- Over 300 Volunteers
- 30 Years helping fight hunger Partnership with United Way Food given free to pantries & clients
- In 2010, 75,000 fed = 900,000 meals Partnership with Feed the Children
- #1 Feeding Resource for Ocean County